Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Topic: Disappointed with universal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Disappointed with universal

We have just returned from Orlando we stayed 3 nights at Hard rock which we really liked great rooms and staff where great loved the pool area . However we felt a bit disappointed with Universal especially the dynamic of the park has evolved over the last couple of years and it really lacks the wow factor in our point of view crowd numbers where very low walk ons for all rides and just to much of the same. Fast and furious was average at best the pre ride holding room is dull and predictable and the ride is just King Kong with different graphics and ride vehicle . Without the old classics it is now just variations of the same we will definitely give it a miss on future trips
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very sorry to hear this.

To me, it's gotten much better. The Studios used to be the one park I didn't mind skipping, but with some of the new additions, and Diagon Alley, I really like it now. IOA has always been a favourite for the thrill rides.

Did you feel like the lower crowds made it less appealing, or was that a plus?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you ďIím not messing around, use the gifts you were given.Ē

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    Very sorry to hear this.

To me, it's gotten much better. The Studios used to be the one park I didn't mind skipping, but with some of the new additions, and Diagon Alley, I really like it now. IOA has always been a favourite for the thrill rides.

Did you feel like the lower crowds made it less appealing, or was that a plus?
    Island of Adventure was still fun we love the water rides and the general feel of that side of the park it feels like a fun place to be . The Harry Potter area you canít argue the theming works but both signature rides had 5 minutes wait times people just seem to immerse themselves in the area . Itís the Universal side that we feel lacks the wow factor it just feels to much of the same
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully the new bits in planning will build this side. I do tend to agree that the use of drop screens is a bit over done, but Diagona alley is up their with theme park royalty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's interesting that Diagon Alley seems to have had the effect of making some parts of the park look really basic and unappealing by comparison. I think that will change over time, but it will have to be a piecemeal process, unlike IoA, which was built far more coherently. I do heartily agree about the use of screens in the attractions, though - enough of that already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to say Universal Studios was the highlight of our trip, but then we were there for HHN.

After the nightmare of a packed out Disney I quite enjoyed walking onto the few rides we did that night. I have to agree with you about the use of screens on rides, we didn't bother with Fast and Furious as I've seen it is just a repeat of Skull Island and although we did do Transformers I wish we hadn't bothered to be honest.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information