Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Topic: Winter Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Winter Park

Simon, great post/thread on that other place about Winter Park.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I thought it was worth highlighting, as it's a new initiative for us. I should, of course, have posted it here, too, so here goes:

For those who are on the 2nd, 3rd (or more!) trip to Orlando, or those wanting a break from the parks, we always recommend a day out at Winter Park as a great way to slow down and see something of the REAL Orlando. And Winter Park is keen to welcome more UK visitors, too, with a distinctly more user-friendly approach from the Chamber of Commerce. Their new Welcome Center on Lyman Avenue (just half a block from the main drag of Park Avenue) is now offering all British visitors a special service that we at the Brit Guide have been working on with them for the past six months or so.

Now, if you're looking to get the best out of a Winter Park visit, just head to the Welcome Center first and let them know you are a British visitor, and you will be given a free bottle of water, area map and a series of seasonal discounts for the local shops and restaurants (all of which should also be geared up for UK guests). It is a new initiative we are keen to expand and cultivate as we think this is a great area for people to visit and de-stress from the overall hectic pace of an Orlando holiday (as well as enjoy some fab food!), so feel free to let us have your feedback about this idea and how it works for you, if you get the chance to try it out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to be absolutely crystal-clear, we make nothing (zero, zilch, nada, naught) from this initiative, nor does the Chamber. Some things really ARE free, and are simply a nice little "bonus" for visitors.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a great place as an alternative to the parks. We first visited back in 1995 and did the Scenic Boat Ride, which was great value. I've lost count of how many times we have been now.

So I think this is a great initiative, well done.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fully support this and thank Chamber and team Veness, I do feel welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apparently, we are experiencing a few teething problems with this service, and it is not totally on the ball yet, which is annoying.

We have alerted the Chamber of Commerce to the problems, and they have promised to sort things out, but it may take a while until all the staff are properly trained and familiar with what should be offered here.
    Last edited by Simon Veness; 30-05-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, the Brit Guide 'Welcome Pack' with the Winter Park Chamber of Commerce is now fully developed, so be sure to visit the Welcome Center on Lyman Avenue at the start of your visit. The Center is open Mon-Fri from 8.30am-5pm, and Sat from 9am-2pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Winter Park is another place on my “Next time” list. Looks like a proper American small town.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1970 View Post
    Winter Park is another place on my “Next time” list. Looks like a proper American small town.
    Yeah...sort of. It's the uber-rich version of an American small town. Definitely a fantastic day out, and well worth visiting, even if it's only for part of the day. We love to go there for breakfast or dinner. Do add it to your list; it's lovely.

But TRUE small-town America...that's hard to find. You want to see TRUE small-town America, check out Pewamo, Michigan on Google Maps, and have a wander around via satellite. My cousins live there (not in town, of course; on a farm). THAT's what TRUE small-town America is like.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pe...!4d-84.8469423

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information