Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Topic: Best Steak in Orlando

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Best Steak in Orlando

It's official! The best steak in Orlando can be had at Christner's Prime Steak & Lobster restaurant on Lee Road just north of downtown. It has just been voted the winner in that category in the latest Scott Joseph Foodster awards (as voted for by the locals), so you can be sure it's pretty good. Our vote went to A Land Remembered at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, but it's hard to argue with the winner on this occasion. We don't actually know the runner-up in this instance (Linda's La Cantina), but the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria came in third.

PS: It is extremely good, but it's not cheap!

You can see more here: https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/f...foodster-award

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like that the Foodster awards are just independents but, other than that, they confuse the hell out of me. When Scott was at The Sentinel, hed choose his own picks (presumably because chains were permitted and often won in numerous categories). I miss that element. Quite apart from that, though, the winners are announced in dribs and drabs and there never seems to be an overall list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it is very much an ongoing list, but one that remains fairly relevant, time-wise. There is probably an over-emphasis on the independents (and in non-tourist territory), but there probably aren't many chain restaurants that would qualify here (Ruth's Chris, maybe, and Morton's). He often flags up some really worthy restaurants that wouldn't get noticed otherwise - like the Glass Knife!

Thread Information