Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Longest Ever Food & Wine Festival!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Longest Ever Food & Wine Festival!

This from the Disney Parks Blog last week:

The 2019 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will run August 29-November 23 making it the longest Food & Wine Festival in the parkís history at 87 days! The festivalís Eat to the Beat Concert Series will run August 29-November 19 and will feature a lineup of pop, rock, R&B, country, Christian, swing and Latin artists. (NOTE: The concert series will conclude a few days earlier than the festival in order to set the stage for the return of the parkís beloved Candlelight Processional).

This yearís festival will continue its tradition of offering tasty dishes, fine dining events, and appearances by favorite Disney culinarians and top celebrity chefs.

Keep your eye on TasteEpcot.com and the Disney Parks Blog for updates on this yearís celebrity chef appearances, Eat to the Beat artists, dining packages, special events and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yum. Would love to give it a go one day.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do understand the reason for the creep but if Epcot becomes a year-round festival it'll no longer be special. (Stating the bleeding obvious a personal attritbute.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's definitely true for the locals. The festivals already seem to bleed into one. But is that true for visitors who come once every year or two? Or are they happy to know they'll get to experience a festival no matter when they're here?

I'm not sure how I would have felt about it when I only visited once a year. Your thoughts?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you ďIím not messing around, use the gifts you were given.Ē

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally I have mixed feelings. It is nice to have something else in the park, but I'd rather they concentrate on the more permanent attractions, especially those that compliment the Disney ethos. I also wonder if these festivals unbalance the footfall into the parks and make touring more difficult? And by running them out they do dilute the "specialness".

And do the festivals alter people's planning? If you are stuck with say school holidays then that's when you have to go, in that case perhaps its right to have them on all the time so everyone can experience them?

So to conclude, I'm not sure.

And on the basis we haven't been in a Disney theme park since 2013 is my view valid!!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We do love going when the Flower and Garden festival is on. Not been when it has been Food and Wine and for us we aren't worried about that although I can understand others enjoying it.
    If it is going to bring more people into the park then Disney are going to extend it whatever we may think!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't alter my travel dates to fit around one of the Epcot festivals, as opposed to how we did book our last trip to coincide with Halloween Horror Nights, but we have all enjoyed Food and Wine when it has been on while we are there. For me as a once a year visitor it is good to see those booths being used for something while we are there.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love F&W but struggle with the amount of 'wine' some people consume which can ruin the end of the day for some. I can't understand why it can't be capped somehow. However after 12 odd hours at Epcot last year, i'm not sure if i could ever have the stamina to do that type of day again lol.
    The discovery of Florida means the return to childhood

Oct 1988 Wyndham Sand Lake & Tradewinds St Petes
    Oct 2000 Holiday Inn I Drive
    Sept 2002 Holiday Inn I Drive
    Oct 2004 Emerald Island Kissimmee
    Oct 2006 Emerald Island Kissimmee
    Oct 2008 Windsor Palms Kissimmee, Tradewinds St Petes.
    Oct 2010 Emerald Island Kissimmee
    Oct 2012 Emerald Island & Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Oct 2014 Emerald Island & Animal Kingdom Lodge & Portofino Bay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are some more details, from today's Disney Parks Blog:

Get ready for the ultimate global dine-around when the 24th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival takes place Aug. 29-Nov. 23!

At 87 days, this is the longest foodie fest ever at Walt Disney World Resort theme park, with fresh flavors available across 30 Global Marketplaces dotting Future World and World Showcase. There are flavors for everyone in the family to discover, like the new Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin in the Africa Marketplace or the plant-based Cottage Pie at Earth Eats. Between bites and sips, you’ll find a world of entertainment.

And, back by popular demand, “Disney du Jour Dance Party” in Future World will expand to seven days a week! Sundays through Thursdays, a DJ will spin plenty of interactive fun, while on Fridays and Saturdays stars from Radio Disney pump up the mix with live performances; on opening weekend, actress/singer Meg Donnelly from the Disney Channel original movie “Zombies” will appear. Watch for more weekend celebrity headliners to join the lineup. Other family activities on tap are Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt and the popular Candy Sushi interactive experience.

The Eat to the Beat Concert Series also returns (through Nov. 19 – 249 concerts in all), so you can get your groove on three times nightly. Rock, pop, Latin, swing, country and other genres – it’s a buffet of great music. You can even guarantee your concert seats by booking an Eat to the Beat Dining Package for breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of many Epcot restaurants.

Want a sneak peek of new concert acts? For starters, there’s Sawyer Brown (“Thank God for You”); Lauren Daigle (“You Say”); Boyce Avenue (“Anchor”); and Kris Allen (“Live Like We’re Dying”). Festival favorites are back, too! You won’t want to miss the Plain White T’s, Sugar Ray, Hanson, Sheila E. and Boyz II Men, among many others.

If your palate begs for more, plan a new culinary adventure when bookings open on May 15 for:

* Party for the Senses at World Showplace Events Pavilion, the sensational event featuring chefs and vintners from around the world. (Select Saturdays through Nov. 9)
    * Sunday Brunch with the Chef, hosted by celebrity chefs such as Cat Cora, Andrew Zimmern, Buddy Valastro and others. (Select Sundays through Nov. 17)
    * “Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It!” hands-on workshops that let you rub shoulders with visiting chefs, bakers, mixologists and other pros. (Select Mondays and Thursdays through Nov. 14)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here's the Concert series line-up:

Plain White T’s
    August 29 through 31

Sawyer Brown – NEW!
    September 1 through 2

MercyMe
    September 3 through 4

Grace Kelly – NEW!
    September 5 through 6

Zach Williams – NEW!
    September 7 through 8

Lauren Daigle – NEW!
    September 9 through 10

Jimmie Allen – NEW!
    September 11 through 12

TBD
    September 13 through 15

The Allman Betts Band
    September 16 through 17

Everclear
    September 18 through 19

STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas
    September 20 through 22

Post Modern Jukebox
    September 23 through 24

Blue October
    September 25 through 26

Mark Wills
    September 27 through 29

Sugar Ray
    September 30 through October 2

TBD
    October 3 through 9

Boyce Avenue – NEW!
    October 10 through 11

Southern Avenue – NEW!
    October 12 through 13

TBD
    October 14 through 15

38 Special
    October 16 through 17

Baha Men
    October 18 through 20

Billy Ocean
    October 21 through 22

Sheila E
    October 23 through 25

High Valley
    October 26 through 27

Hanson
    October 28 through 30

Sheena Easton
    October 31 through November 1

Kris Allen – NEW!
    November 2 through 3

Boyz II Men
    November 4 through 6

The Hooters
    November 7 through 8

Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy
    November 9 through 11

TBD
    November 12 through 18

D’Capella – NEW!
    November 19

(PS: That's at least half that I don't know anything about!)

Thread Information