Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Tigris To Open April 19!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tigris To Open April 19!

It's official - the opening date for the fab new Tigris multi-launch coaster at Busch Gardens will be April 19. Here's the press release this morning:

4 April 2019 - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will officially open Tigris, a triple-launch steel roller coaster, on Friday 19 April, just in time for the Easter weekend. The new attraction is Florida’s tallest launch coaster and the ninth coaster in the park’s collection, solidifying Busch Gardens Tampa Bay as Florida’s thrill-ride leader.

Tigris will catapult riders through an exhilarating array of looping twists with forward and backward motion, breath-taking drops, a 150-foot skyward surge, and an inverted heartline roll, reaching a top speed of more than 60 miles per hour. Tigris will race riders along more than 1,800 feet of steel track designed to mimic the awe-inspiring agility of the world’s largest and most powerful cat – the tiger.

Tigris joins a top-rated list of favourites for coaster enthusiasts, including Cheetah Hunt, the park’s longest coaster; SheiKra, a 200-foot tall floorless dive coaster; Falcon’s Fury, a 335-foot freestanding drop tower; Montu, an inverted coaster; Kumba, and Cobra’s Curse to name a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and there's a new preview video, too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That looks like a possible step too far for me now!!
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    That looks like a possible step too far for me now!!
    And me, but I can see Ian loving it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guess who's going to have to test-drive it for the Veness team...?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness View Post
    Guess who's going to have to test-drive it for the Veness team...?!
    Well on the basis that you need to hold the camera (on the ground) and Susan screams louder, decision made.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And I've just asked him online and he has seen the video and he said he definitely would go on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd not realised they'd got as far as human testing yet, that's good to see.

I do worry about the length of the line, with only 18 riders a time and a ride time of over a minute, plus load and unload capacity can't be very high.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it may generate quite a queue (like SheiKra did in its early days), but it may also look a bit off-putting for some (like Falcon's Fury)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers Friend View Post
    Well on the basis that you need to hold the camera (on the ground) and Susan screams louder, decision made.
    SMACK!!!!

If there were any reason I should be the one to go on it instead of Simon, it's the language each of us uses on super-dynamic coasters!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you “I’m not messing around, use the gifts you were given.”

Thread Information