Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Galaxy's Edge - First Look!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Galaxy's Edge - First Look!

Our quick-take blog on the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land at the Disneyland Resort (and coming to WDW August 29!) is now online for ATD, and it is very much a first-look type story.

See what you think here: https://www.attraction-tickets-direc...8land%E2%80%99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We also have a 7-minute video charting our initial thoughts - and comments as we walked into the land on Sunday night:

https://www.facebook.com/VenessTrave...0510868339143/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This sounds and looks amazing from everything I've read and seen. It seems that Disney have the numbers they are letting into the land about right from what I've seen, would you agree? How long did you wait for Smugglers Run?

I just wonder what will happen when they remove the restrictions and everyone can just go in, or indeed what is going to happen in Orlando if they don't implement a similar booking system?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks amazing and as you say in your commentary the detail is incredible.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    This sounds and looks amazing from everything I've read and seen. It seems that Disney have the numbers they are letting into the land about right from what I've seen, would you agree? How long did you wait for Smugglers Run?

I just wonder what will happen when they remove the restrictions and everyone can just go in, or indeed what is going to happen in Orlando if they don't implement a similar booking system?
    We did Smugglers Run twice, the first as single riders (waiting around 20mins when the stand-by line was at 70), and then at the end of the evening when it showing only 15mins in the Stand-By line. It does seem that Disney has had its crowd control at the right level so far, but many people have commented that it seems they might have under-estimated how many they can handle. As you say, though, the true test may be yet to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I would just geek out. I was bad enough in Hogsmede, but this is the thing for me!
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We think there is going to be a whole LOT of geeking in the months to come! Even the Imagineers have been doing it (as you'll find out in our Dining feature for Attractions magazine later this month!!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any sign of the table service restaurant that they were talking about when the land was first announced? I was reading something the other day talking about possible 'phase 2' years down the road. In that they mentioned that there seems to be quite a large space not yet in use, doors that don't yet open into buildings that don't seem to have a purpose right now and they were speculating that it would be a good size for a restaurant.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No table service restaurant, and yes, I got the very distinct impression from the Imagineers we interviewed that there is more to come.

When we didn't see a full service restaurant I started to doubt my memory. Do you think maybe it was the Cantina that made us THINK there would be a full-service restaurant? I just have this lasting memory of concept art showing a restaurant. But now, when I've gone searching, I think I ASSUMED it was a restaurant, but it's really Oga's Cantina. The memory of concept art I have is like this one:

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thread Information