Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Galaxy's Edge - First Look!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And a bit more from Disney Food Blog, also from January, 2018, and sharing the same concept art.

"They also revealed renderings for a table-service restaurant! Currently announced under the highly secretive, super-coded name of Star Wars Dining Experience", the artwork for this dinner club looks like its something thats definitely going to be worth waiting for."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Further confirmation from Blog Mickey on the same story.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/01/permit...-galaxys-edge/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I wrong in thinking that was from a 2016 blog rather than 2018? [http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/0...mment-page-1/]

I've been trying to track down the concept art from that blog, and it's not on Disney's media site. It may have been removed, for any number of reasons.

Although it has hints of Oga's Cantina, there is certainly nothing in the current land that looks like this, either:

I'm all in favour of a table service, and I hope they open one (in the land, not just in the upcoming resort). I was a bit surprised that there isn't one now!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    Further confirmation from Blog Mickey on the same story.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/01/permit...-galaxys-edge/
    Very exciting if they're doing another restaurant AND another canatina! We haven't heard of anything of the sort, unless it comes in what we believe will be a Phase 2. I'm not seeing where it could be at the moment, when I look at Bioresconstruct's aerial photos.

What I DO wonder about, since the blog is 17 months old, is whether or not there was some confusion (and I could absolutely be the one who's confused!). Oga's Cantina has a "show element" (Rex) and there ARE two dining locations in the current land, if you count Oga's. But Docking Bay 7 is counter service, and doesn't look anything like the concept art. So either something new IS coming, or the concept changed.

Just had a quick chat with some other industry people, and they also think this MIGHT have been a concept that got changed or shelved for possible future development. None of us have heard confirmation from anyone at Disney that this is going to happen.

ETA: I also wonder what will be in the resort rather than the land itself.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 16-06-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UK Deb View Post
    Totally missed this! That would certainly tally with what we've been told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's more in keeping with what we're hearing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, we now have the first (of a series of 3) videos of our Galaxy's Edge experience at Disneyland on our YouTube channel:

Thread Information