Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8

Topic: Ipw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ipw

Was IPW as good as you hoped? The preview of Star Wars Land looks like it was a highlight.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was actually far BETTER than we hoped! It's a networking event (though the "party" aspect is a big part of the fun), and we probably (no, certainly!) had our best IPW ever. Really fantastic, and incredibly successful.

The parties were terrific, too, with the exception of one of them. Snoop Dog was the "entertainment," and to say we did NOT enjoy it is an understatement. Foul mouthed, no talent, not worth watching. We left on the first bus back to the hotel.

But Disney was superb, and although we didn't have as much time at Knott's Berry Farm as we would have liked due to a very early departure time for LAX this morning, it was SO much fun, and a reminder that fun can be a bit homespun, too. Great to see the "wild west" town there, as well as some excellent mega-coasters.

We're exhausted, but what a great week!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad you enjoyed it.

Had to look up Snoop Dogg, as soon as I read rapper I was in tune with your comment. Seems a strange choice for the event!

When we were in California we didn't make it to Knott's Berry Farm, but it does look good. Is it still the home of Snoopy?
    Last edited by Tiggers Friend; 07-06-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It IS still the home of Snoopy, but not so prominent. The Charlie Brown characters were out for meet-and-greets during our event. We were primarily focused on the rides, though, so we didn't meet any of them.

What a wonderful park it is. Definitely worth taking in while you're in Anaheim! We'll be doing a blog on it shortly.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Used to love Knots, I think it was my first log flume?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love Knotts as well, as you say some fantastic rides and great entertainment. They've just spent a great deal of time and effort on updating the theaming the log flume I believe.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shame the vulgarity spoilt it. As we all know, I’m a bit of a sweary Mary, but time and place and all that.
    April 1991 International Gateway Inn
    April 1993 International Gateway Inn
    May 2011 Four Points Sheraton Studio City
    Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Hotel

Champion Me and Champion Ret, kickin' *** and takin' names!

Thread Information