Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: The All-New NBA Experience—Disney Scores Massive Own "Dunk"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is also the angle that some commercial companies 'float' a potential change into the market to gauge the customer/public reaction before finalising their plans. I'm not saying this is the case with WDWNT, but you never know?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting thought, TF. It wouldn't be unknown (especially for Disney). The vehement way in which they've denied this rumour feels a bit different, but, in these days of social media (and the old left-hand, right-hand scenario), you never know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just loved the use of ‘unscrupulous sources’. Let me think now which Korean Peninsula country uses this type of rhetoric.

Looks like this new place might be another Void at the other end of DS
    Last edited by Ret400; 30-07-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having been to the new NBA Experience, I think it's worth a couple of extra comments here, from what we saw at last week's media preview.

This is definitely a big and substantial attraction, and there are clearly a LOT of areas that will thrill NBA fans. Some of it is obvious (the chance to try your hand at a height-adjustable slam dunk; a high-tech dribbling skills 'coach'; and a series of shooting challenges for both juniors and grown-ups) and some not-so-obvious (like the interactive locker-room; the chance to lift the Championship trophy; the sling-shot game, which is lots of fun; the chance to sit in the 'replay booth' and judge various calls; and a mini-theatre). The overall feel and style is very glamorous and techy, but several elements left us going 'Huh?' The Shooting Court with the 'crowd' on one side looks fun, and the crowd never actually interacts with what you're doing. If it all jumped up en masse when you shoot a 3, that would be truly interactive, but it never did that at any stage, so the effect is pretty muted. The basic shooting game, with as many basketballs as you can launch in a certain time-frame, looks like it was taken from every arcade everywhere, and you kind of think that, as Disney, they should be able to do more than that. But those are relatively minor quibbles in an overall building that feels exciting and involving.

From talking to various basketball fans, it definitely ticks most of the boxes for them, and there was also some original merchandise in the shop. The obvious question is - will there be enough basketball fans to keep it busy and, at $35, will they think it's good value? I can't see it being something the average fan will visit more than once or twice but, equally, I could be mis-reading it.

As ever with something like this, time will tell.

Thread Information