Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Expected Pricing Revealed for the 2-Night, 3-Day Star Wars Hotel Experience?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Disney were going to "float" the idea, I suspect they would choose another outlet through which to do it. No insult intended, but Disney is aware of their choices and this one wouldn't likely be it, especially right now (as Simon indicated).

That said, I have never in 15 years been invited to attend a Disney management meeting, so who am I to say?
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 22-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, really, S&S, I didn't see your posts as a dig at me. I realise you have a unique perspective and I suppose I was keen to put across the alternative angle of someone with little choice but to take it at face value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interestingly enough, Disney HAS just announced some details of the hotel, or the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser (!!) as it will be called. And it WILL, in fact, be a type of 'cruise.' This has just been announced at D23:

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will be a new, first-of-its-kind holiday experience at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida where guests will check in for a two-night adventure aboard a glamorous starship. Once onboard, guests will interact with characters and become active participants in stories that unfold around them on their galactic journey. During the D23 Expo, visitors will be able to see a new model and fantastic visuals of the starcruiser - called the Halcyon - in the Disney Parks “Imagining Tomorrow, Today” pavillion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds interesting. I can see them running this as basically a two day cruise in which you are the entertainment.

Perhaps they will get eaten like in the original Babylon 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Or left in limbo, like Passengers....!

If it's done properly, it could be a truly amazing experience. That only the ultra-rich will be able to afford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, not for me thanks. I'm sure there are many many people out there who will pay an absolute fortune for this quite happily, so I'll happily read their trip reports and share their excitement that way.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's my thinking: if it's meant to be a cruise, and there is a minimum stay of 2 days, does that mean it's a continuous experience that you can't really leave or you'll miss something? Does that mean you HAVE to stay for 2 days, but you CAN'T stay for more than two days? Is everyone going to have to be on the same "rotation" so to speak; it's a 2-day experience and then everyone leaves and a new "crew" comes on board for 2 days? Is it so limited that they can charge LESS than a fortune because it will pull in more people, but ONLY for 2 days, so demand remains sky-high (see what I did there? SKY HIGH? ).

Flipping it that way, could there be a massive surprise when we all find out it's, say, $250 a night? Or $400 per person for the full 2 days, including a dining and drinks package?

What if there's a holodeck you could pay to enjoy? And what if premium drinks are extra? And what if a battle breaks out in the hallway and you need a $100-$300 lightsaber to join in? What if there's an experience that requires you to own droid? What if you get exclusive access to rare Star Wars characters at a premium price, but the interaction is actually like a movie scene, and you can pay a little bit more to have it videoed? And what if......

I don't think so, but hey...maybe!

ETA: Having read this again, it COULD be taken as sarcastic, considering the original post was about a site that is leaning toward creating totally unfounded rumours. Let me be clear, I'm just having fun with the whole idea, but still sort of wondering what's possible, but it's all based on NOTHING except my own ramblings.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 24-08-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disney needs to employ you as an Imagineer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is everyone going to have to be on the same "rotation" so to speak; it's a 2-day experience and then everyone leaves and a new "crew" comes on board for 2 days?
    So...yup! That's exactly what's going to happen. It's the only thing that made sense to me with a required 2-day stay.

Here's what else we know from D23 today:

Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser hotel: vessel is the Halcyon.

A required 2 days/2 nights stay. Guests arrive and depart together, like on a sea-going cruise ship.

The experience includes interactions with characters, crew, and other passengers.

The adventure begins at a check-in terminal, then guests board a launch pod that launches them into space. During the 'journey' they'll see stars drift by, then their pod connects with the star ship.

Travellers emerge in atrium, and spend 2 days and 2 nights living on board the ship.

There is an alien crew.

All windows have a view into space, including your cabin window.

Some characters on the ship are new, some are established Star Wars characters.

The choices you make during your 2-day stay impact the “story” you experience.

Your room rate includes experiences and dining.

For the first time, kids and grown-ups can face off against a training remote with a lightsaber.

Guests can visit working portions of ship, including the bridge, where they'll be allowed to fiddle with the buttons and levers. It's a good idea to learn how to operate the ship. That information may pay off later!

All that said, I suspect the 2-day/2-night rate will be in line with Disney Cruise Line rates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Defiantly a market for this. Experiential is the name of the game and the future in premium experiences.

Thread Information