Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Secret Walt Disney Company Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Plenty of juicy things came out of D23 but what DID the secret agenda item turn out to be? What was announced within that time slot? After all the hullabaloo, no-one seems to have picked up on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And then some confusion happened...!

Agreed, Deb. I sat there after it ended thinking, "Where was Brazil? What was the 'big announcement'? Surely to heaven it couldn't have been a book and a documentary."

I guess that's the genius of it. We each get to decide what the "big announcement" was based on what we like best.

For me, Moana's water thing holds almost zero interest, though I'm sure it will be pretty. Of the actual NEW announcements, I'm all over the idea of the Star Wars hotel being a 2-day, all encompassing experience, but whatever the price point ends up being, I won't be able to stay there. So I'm down to the UK pavilion turning into Cherry Tree Lane, and the possibility (!!) that the experience there will be a ride, or Guardians of the Galaxy and its reverse launch. Not sure I can do it anymore, but maybe. I'm certain the queue will be terrific!

What was the big announcement for you?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Veness View Post
    But not because of anyone here.
    Going to have to try harder then!!!!!

Where's Seth when you need him.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me the big news, was no news. Suggests a little bit of panic back at Mouse Towers, bet they rush something out next time. Reactive rather than proactive I’m afraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the Big Announcement was that there is going to be a Target store on property?
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That will do for me, saves driving to one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencem View Post
    I thought the Big Announcement was that there is going to be a Target store on property?
    Don't remind us, spencem. Definitely NOT the highlight of the convention!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure I see the experience of Galactic Starcruiser as "no news" or "panic" or "something rushed out". I know for sure Rise of the Resistance isn't any of those things. Every other announcement aside, these two things are going to be game-changers.

It's the rubber band that snaps one way, stretches, then snaps back the other way. Disney does something great, Universal does something great, Disney does something great, and so on. I love that they're going head-to-head now. We all win.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Thread Information