Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4

Topic: Halloween Horror Nights- The Full Terror!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Halloween Horror Nights- The Full Terror!

So, we have just about recovered from a Friday night marathon fright-fest at Universal Orlando Resort for the start of their annual #HalloweenHorrorNights presentation.

It took us a full six hours, even with a media 'RIP Tour Guide,' to see all the main elements. We put in some serious leg-work, and it was STILL a struggle fitting it all in, hence we were distinctly foot-weary by 1.15am as we left the park!

But it was worth it, possibly better than ever before, as we felt there was more variety, more story-telling, and more out-and-out fun than any previous event. We'll have the full story - along with our Top 6 Don't Miss elements - in our latest ATD blog tomorrow (Mon), but here are a few photos to whet your appetite...!

Last edited by Simon Veness; 08-09-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To those who have skipped the event because it was too scary, there's a shift going on that is making HHN more immersive and MUCH less gory. I went for the first time in a few years and had a fantastic time.

Some things I noticed have changed that you won't see in the blog are:

-That awful smell from the fog machines has changed to a pleasant scent. That makes a HUGE difference in the atmosphere, and a good one. You don't get that sick, headachey feeling by the end of the night (unless you drink too much).

-The chainsaw maniacs are still there, but they're dressed in black with day-glow detailing, and their chainsaws light up. This looks super cool AND it's somehow LESS terrifying. They were one of the main reasons I didn't like to go. It was TOO real.

-The houses are more like stories, with the iconic scenes you know, and less like all-out gore-fests. This is a MAJOR shift. Whether you like this new style or not is subjective, but for me it was far more interesting, and far less nauseating. Six hours of non-stop hacked-up bodies was not my thing.

-Academy of Villains is worth the entry price. That part may be in the blog, but it's worth saying again!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And here we go with the blog (and, just because it's worth re-stating), yes, this year's Academy of Villains show provides value for money for the entry ticket on its own. No kidding.

https://www.attraction-tickets-direc...een-horror-nig

PS: We'll have video soon, too!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm so glad you enjoyed your night Susan, it sounds like a great event yet again. Good to hear The Academy of Villains are back on top form again.
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Thread Information