Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Topic: whats your best tip?

i know its very hard to give just one tip so please feel free to post more than one.heres another from me.if you're in a party(like me)then try to form some sort of plane-especially if youve only got one car.when you get in from your busy day,make a cup of tea sit down reflect on the highs and lows of that day and plan what everyone wants to do the next day.this MAY prevent misunderstandings and give everyone a chance to say what they think.im sure there is nothing worse than going somewhere like florida and never getting a say in what you do.im sure im not the only one whos found friendships and family bonds tested and had a holiday which has not lived up to your exspectations.another car also helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My best tip is use the twilight check in if available, stay in a hotel the night before you fly, and go out for a meal and a drink the night before, this really helps you relax and prepares the whole family for the long flight the next day, this stops you all from getting grumpy :eek:

BEST WESTERN MOVIE LAND 1996
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2004
    QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL 2006 ALL STAR MOVIES 2007
    POP CENTURY RESORT 2009 FOUR POINTS SHERATON/RPR UNIVERSAL 2011 quality inn/old key west/ RPR Universal 2014
    Caribbean beach/RPR 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My best tip is to have a plan (or a list of things you want to do, places to go, where to eat etc) and work through it, but not necessarily with military precison. Adapt to how you feel, what the weather is like and so on. Remember you are on holiday! For sure you want to get the most out of your time in Florida, but who wants to come back burnt out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Related to the travelling in a party tip, make more than one booking with your travel agent and so get more than 1 car! I know you'll have to pay extra for the insurance but it is worth it to have the option to do different things. We've done this both times and it has been great, even when we all go to the same place on the same day there are times when some people have had enough (my wife and son) and some want to stay all night (my sister and I).
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My best tip for families travelling as a group is, be SURE to schedule some time apart. Even if you're in the same park, go in different directions for the morning, for a few hours, or for the day. Having the time apart helps you relax and just be with 'your' family, then you have lots to talk about when you come together at dinner again.

I think that's the biggest problem we hear with large groups....they NEED time apart but feel guilty for taking it. If it's part of the 'plan', everyone knows they have that freedom and it helps prevent conflicts later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In summer, arrive at the parks early (up to an hour before the official opening time at the main theme parks, 30 minutes at the water parks), and take a break in early afternoon when it's hottest. You will do far more in the first two hours on the day (9am-11am) than from mid-day to 5/6pm. We see SO many families with unhappy, grizzly children by 4pm because they haven't had a break or a chance to cool down. You car park fee is valid all day, so you can go in and out at will. Even if you only leave the Magic Kingdom for a boat ride over to Fort Wildreness (and maybe lunch at the Trail's End buffet), that will help to re-charge your batteries. Much of the parks' entertainment is in the evening, so you need to be reasonably fresh to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Veness
    We see SO many families with unhappy, grizzly children by 4pm because they haven't had a break or a chance to cool down.

We call that the 4pm Melt-Down Hour. You could practically set your watch by it.

BTW....parents tend to melt down by 3pm, so the kids are actully doing pretty well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting To The Parks Early Is A Must. They Open Early And You Can Get All The Big Rides Done Before There Are Any Queues. You Can Then Go To Your Hotel For A Few Hours To Relax In The Afternoon. You Then Feel Like You Have Had A Great Holiday And Don't Feel Like You Need Another One To Get Over It! :d

hi does anyone know why this post has a drawing pin attached?and thanks to everyone who has posted a reply.some great tips but im sure there are more.
    Last edited by spider; 27-05-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pin indicates this post is a 'sticky' at the top of this forum (meaning, it won't move down the page as regular posts do, but will remain at the top of the forum so it can be found quickly).

Another good tip is, freeze bottles of water for use the next day (those water bottles you can buy with a strap are even better). The ice will keep it cold for a few hours, then you can refill it in the park and avoid paying outrageous prices for water (which you will need lots of!).

Thread Information