Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Visa Waiver Wizard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Visa Waiver Wizard!

Not sure if you qualify to travel under the Visa Waiver program? Getting lots of conflicting information?

For a quick answer, try here:

Visa Waiver Wizard

A commonly asked question may be answered by the following:

Question 8 : Arrests & Convictions
    Some applicants are uncertain how to answer the question, "have you ever been arrested?"

In general, minor and common motoring offenses outside the U.S. that were disposed of by paying a ticket by mail have no bearing on admission to the United States. Travelers with minor traffic offenses that did not result in their arrest and/or conviction for the offense may travel visa free, provided they are otherwise qualified. If you are not sure whether or not you are eligible to travel visa free, the only way to resolve this question would be to apply for a visa. The Embassy and the Live Operator Information Service cannot provide any further guidance on this matter until you appear in person before a consular officer.

If a traffic offense occurred while you were in the United States, and you have an outstanding fine against you, or if you did not attend your court hearing, it is possible there may be a warrant out for your arrest and you will experience significant problems when applying for admission at the U.S. port of entry. The Embassy cannot assist you in this regard. You must resolve the issue before traveling, by contacting the court where you were to appear. If you do not know the address of the court then information is available from the Internet at http://www.uscourts.gov/links.html .

Is the full extent of your history of legal violations limited solely to minor traffic offenses that did not result in your arrest and/or conviction?

If you answer NO to this question, you get the following page:

Not Eligible for Travel on Visa Waiver Program travel
    You are not eligible to travel on the Visa Waiver Program, and must possess a valid visa for entry into the United States.
    Please note that the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law. If you attempt to travel without a visa, you may be refused entry into the United States at your personal expense.

Applicants who have been arrested or convicted are also subject to additional documentation and processing time.
    Last edited by Susan Veness; 07-11-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a really good tool, its clear and quick and will save most people having to ring up a premium rate number and wait to get an answer.
    Billiecat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YEH !!! just filled in ESTA applications online all been accepted
    orlando aug 2000 2005 2007 2009 2013 2015 2016 2017
    Honolulu 2017
    Maui march 2008 2016
    New York 2010 2016
    Kefalonia 2010 - 2017
    Crete 2011
    Thassos 2015
    New Orleans/ Memphis 2016
    Paris March 2012
    Tenerife March 2013
    Parga 2014 2016
    Tenerife 2013
    Antigua St Lucia Grenada Barbados 2017
    Santorini 2018
    Venice 2014

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Original www page has moved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, yeehaa! I've updated it in the original post. Much appreciated!

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very glad I read all this today!
    My passport still has 6 yrs validity but was issued before October 2006 and is therefore ineligible for the visa-waiver programme
    So, I now have to cough up a further 78 for a new passport or apply for a visa (Which I'm guessing will be more expensive as have to go to London)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeehaa View Post
    Very glad I read all this today!
    My passport still has 6 yrs validity but was issued before October 2006 and is therefore ineligible for the visa-waiver programme
    So, I now have to cough up a further 78 for a new passport or apply for a visa (Which I'm guessing will be more expensive as have to go to London)
    Yeehaa are you sure? Our passports are from 2002 and we used them up to and including this year.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine were fine as well. Only just replaced them as they were also 2002. Should be fine to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh right!
    Just going from what the "Wizzard" said - my photo is not printed, it looks like its laminated over and that is whats making it ineligible apparently!
    I phoned the passport office up too and they said would need replacing.

I'm flying to Paris on weds so might just enquire whilst at airport! Looks like the govt are trying to get me money!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My passport has a normal photo which is laminated onto the page. As it has the OCR at the bottom of the page. It's OK, and as I say I've used it virtually every year since 2002.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information