Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Thought I would create a thread about Hotels in the Orlando area that ATD members have stayed in, so we can have information on where people have stayed and if they would reccommend it.

Feel free to add you experiences of the Orlando hotels that you have stayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll go first

Travelodge Maingate East (now Holiday Inn) in Kissimee (Hwy 192)

Stayed here about 5 times and would reccommend it. Close to Disney, Accross the road from Old Town). Staff really friendly and helpful.

I must say, looking at the website, the hotel looks completely different since I was last there.

Official website http://www.holidayinnmge.com/

Whos next...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mr O what about villa estates as well? People could say whether the villa was in a good area or too far away from the main attractions etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Catlady, just created the villa thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stayed in the Holiday Inn SunSpree on SR535 twice. It's a great family hotel - even if half the facilities shut down out of season! lol

They do great family rooms, where there's a kids' section partitioned off from the main room. It would be better if the partition a) went up to the ceiling and b) had some sort of door - there's a TV in the kids' bit, so with both TVs on, it's impossible - and you can't plug headphones into their TVs.

It's a 3* hotel, and I would certainly stay there again.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I went out for work I stayed in the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. I had no idea about anything Orlando at the time and didn't realise until I got home and started looking at going back with the family how lucky I'd been staying there.

It is a very nice hotel, but I'm not sure it is worth the money for a 'room with a bed in it' that you will only sleep in. I travel quite a lot for work and have stayed in everything from a B&B full of builders to this or an Intercontinental, I tend to be a bit cynical when it comes to expensive hotels, especially when you are somewhere like Orlando and only want to sleep in the room!
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

Stayed at a hotel that used to be called Wilson World west of the 192 was basic but ok, think it is now the Amerihost.

Quality inn Plaza, again basic but ideal for a family on a budget.

Holiday inn and suites maingate east - really enjoyed it, standard fare but freindly and good value.

Homewood suites, lower end of I-Drive, perfect for us as non drivers, free shuttles to everywhere, comfortable,clean and a decent breakfast.

Currently in the Hampton inn convention centre

Very nice, decent breakfast, empty heated pool, decent breakfast and very very comfortable beds, downsides expensive shuttles and no CNN headline prime meaning no Nancy Grace:eek:

Gaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive stayed in All Star Movies at Disney which is our favorite hotel, Quality inn international drive which is in a great location opposite the Golden Corral and the best western Movie land which is also in a good location opposite Wet and Wild, all three hotels were cheap hotels but all were clean and tidy and great holidays had at them all.

BEST WESTERN MOVIE LAND 1996
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2004
    QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL 2006 ALL STAR MOVIES 2007
    POP CENTURY RESORT 2009 FOUR POINTS SHERATON/RPR UNIVERSAL 2011 quality inn/old key west/ RPR Universal 2014
    Caribbean beach/RPR 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we have stayed at the Quality Inn international five times. we are returning again this year. this is a very clean, very friendly hotel. i always write to them a month before we go and ask for the same room, which is in a great location. we don't drive on holiday so it is in a great position for us with its free transfers.

i will one day stay at disney, but my DH is not a disney lover so we tend to do the flex-ticket and only go to the Magic Kingdom once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista, the odd shaped hotel on Hotel Plaza Boulevard (the road from Crossroads to Downtown Disney). Very nice hotel with good ameneties. The rooms were nice and clean, with free internet access. The room we had gave great views towards DTD from the small balcony.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thread Information