Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Thought I would create a thread about Hotels in the Orlando area that ATD members have stayed in, so we can have information on where people have stayed and if they would reccommend it.

Feel free to add you experiences of the Orlando hotels that you have stayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll go first

Travelodge Maingate East (now Holiday Inn) in Kissimee (Hwy 192)

Stayed here about 5 times and would reccommend it. Close to Disney, Accross the road from Old Town). Staff really friendly and helpful.

I must say, looking at the website, the hotel looks completely different since I was last there.

Official website http://www.holidayinnmge.com/

Whos next...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mr O what about villa estates as well? People could say whether the villa was in a good area or too far away from the main attractions etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Catlady, just created the villa thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stayed in the Holiday Inn SunSpree on SR535 twice. It's a great family hotel - even if half the facilities shut down out of season! lol

They do great family rooms, where there's a kids' section partitioned off from the main room. It would be better if the partition a) went up to the ceiling and b) had some sort of door - there's a TV in the kids' bit, so with both TVs on, it's impossible - and you can't plug headphones into their TVs.

It's a 3* hotel, and I would certainly stay there again.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I went out for work I stayed in the Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal. I had no idea about anything Orlando at the time and didn't realise until I got home and started looking at going back with the family how lucky I'd been staying there.

It is a very nice hotel, but I'm not sure it is worth the money for a 'room with a bed in it' that you will only sleep in. I travel quite a lot for work and have stayed in everything from a B&B full of builders to this or an Intercontinental, I tend to be a bit cynical when it comes to expensive hotels, especially when you are somewhere like Orlando and only want to sleep in the room!
    5 Trips to Florida, Christmas in LA, Disneyland Paris twice and odd days here and there.

All my trip reports are now HERE.

2002 Travelodge MGE(now Holiday Inn) -basic but good
    2006 Holiday Inn I Drive -needs A refurb
    2007 Disneys Pop Century Resort-friendly staff and fantastic theming
    2008 Disneys Saratoga Springs-Let you all know what its like when i visit in june

RG

Stayed at Monumental Movieland at Christmas and New Year. Place is a dump and needs knocking down. Just received compensation from the tour operator because of no swimming pool. The management are terrible and obnoxious.

We bought our park tickets from ATD and never fail to let us down. The lady who I spoke to on the phone was a pleasure to chat with and she was spot on about the aquarium, Orlando Eye and the waxworks, they were great.

Will book with ATD again for 2017.

On my first trip to Florida, i stayed with the fiance and family in a villa in kissimmee which was good, but for the few extra days i stayed on my own i used the Motel 6 opposite the Old Town fairground bit and it was fine. For 25bucks a night just to sleep there as I was out at parks all day it was more than enough. I wouldn't recommend it for a family but it would be Ok for a couple that just need a bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are quite a few places like that, Chris; Orlando does budget hotel pretty well, in general terms. Sorry to hear about the Monumental Movieland, though, Sentinel. It has been an 'old faithful' on the I-Drive scene for many years but, sadly, some places don't maintain the basics very well and they do fall by the wayside occasionally.

Thread Information