Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All Star Sports twice and Quality Inn International once.

All Star is perfect Disney - food a little expensive but its a holiday so we treat ourselves! McD's very close, and Winter Summerland Adventure Golf also within walking distance.

QII is also good. Huge Mc'D's close but and obviously all the eateries along I-Drive. Clean and tidy, I felt safe there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

not been on here for a few months
    but getting the florida bug again for next year
    any recommendations for i-drive please

1990 days inn in winter park (dont know why we chose this it was a dump)
    1996 days inn lakeside not bad at all (was the cheapest deal at the time)
    2000 days inn lakeside again)
    2004 disney all star movies ( fantastic place our room was near buzz lightyear)
    2007 disney all star music (not as nice as movies we thought)
    might do sports next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1993 Travelodge IDrive next door to red lobster across from wet and wild, it was okay for 3 single lads but has changed names?
    1996 Econolodge on Idrive was okay but had room next to elevator.
    2003 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista was a really well run hotel and ideal for DTD.
    2004 Travelodge the Econolodge we went to in 1996, it was a hell hole and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy ended up going to Clearwater for a week!
    2005 Howard Johnson maingate west it was a fantastic family friendly hotel and for 18 a night was an absolute bargain.
    2006 went back to HJ maingate west just as good as the year before if noy better.
    2007 Comfort Inn lake buena vista again very good again met the same bloke who goes to this hotel 5 times a year and used to live just around the corner from me oh and showed me where he buried his wifes ashes :eek: don't ask!
    2008 La quinta Idrive fantastic hotel close to everything and All Star Music Disney was everything we wished of disney fantastic. Just went to early in the year.
    I'd sleep in a shoe box if i had to LOL.

Hi All

Did Disney Wilderness Lodge Hotel back in 2002 (my 40th!) - expensive but a "once in a lifetime" experience. Previously stayed at hotels on I-Drive but none could match the on-property convenience and Disney "imagineering" touches throughout.

Staying at Universal Hard Rock Hotel @ Easter and it will have to go some to match Wilderness Lodge...

Cheers

Kkarl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Four Points Sheraton Studio City is always a good choice on I-Drive; the LaQuinta and Holiday Inn Express in between I-Drive and Universal Boulevard are also still relatively new and worthwhile, as is the Crowne Plaza (at the junction of Universal Blvd and Sand Lake Rd) and the nearby Country Inn & Suites. Both Embassy Suites would also be worth looking at. For a more apatrment style, but still with plenty of hotel style, you could also look up the Floridays Resort, which we rate very highly.

2002 Travelodge MGE(now Holiday Inn) -basic but good
    2006 Holiday Inn I Drive -needs A refurb
    2007 Disneys Pop Century Resort-friendly staff and fantastic theming
    2008 Disneys Saratoga Springs-Let you all know what its like when i visit in june

RG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2003 - Travelodge near Wet'n'Wild in the sweetcorn shaped road opposite - can't remember its name. Total dive!
    2005 - Holiday Inn SunSpree, SR535
    2006 - Holiday Inn SunSpree, SR535
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Stayed in Quality inn international in 2007 - Ok, but needs updating a fair bit.
    Staying in Four Points Sheraton Studio City next month, cant wait!

;)
    2007 - Quality Inn International, Orlando.
    2008 - Sheraton Studio City, Orlando.
    2009 - Homewood Studios Suite - Orlando.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2004 Stayed in Ramada Plaza & Inn in Kissimmee, not a particularly nice place to stay, ok if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep.
    2006 Saratogs Springs, Disney resort, very nice comfortable, people are friendly. Would stay here again.
    2008 Old Key West, i've read some great reviews on this place so fingers crossed it will be good in August when we stay here
    Billiecat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

94 & 06 - best western plaza on i drive - was fine - great location -no fridge tho
    sept 08 - staying at quality inn plaza just down the road - nothing wrong with the best western but the QI has a fridge in room, and prices were the same.

Thread Information