Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've stayed in many hotels / motels in Florida over the last 20 years. Thankfully only had one bad experience when a maid at the Motel 6 on I Drive stole a lot of valuables inc my passport. The rates for I Drive hotels are fixed. Can only recall getting a reduced rate at some of the more obsure ones. The Kissimmee motels are more reasonable and I have got some great deals in March & October. The travel agents try to make you believe that you must book your hotels along with your flights. That restricts you if you want to visit the beaches or even the Keys. There are always plenty of hotels to go round.However I have booked some great package deals before leaving home but these tend to be last-minute bargains. The Best Hotels I have stayed at were:
    "The Clearwater Beach Hotel". It has now been demolished and a new high rise hotel put in it's place.
    Ramada Inn Gulf View in Clearwater.
    The Marco Polo Hotel in Sunny Isles Miami. Way back in 1988 so not sure if it's still there.
    Thunderbird in Daytona. Not a great hotel but a good location on the beach.

We stayed at Days Inn lakeside in 2003 which was our first visit. The hotel was very delapidated but we only used it for sleeping. The hotel has now been demolished!!!

Last year we stayed at Disney's Pop Century Resort and we could not beleive the difference. The hotel was classed as a value hotel but we were very impressed, so much so we are going back in september for 2 weeks and managed to get a deal with virgin for 1500 for 2 adults and 1 child.

I forgot to add that we are going to have airport transfers this time and not have a car. We found last year that we hardly used the car and used the free Disney transportation. I know we may need a car to go shopping etc but the insurance alone cost 330 so I would rather use that money to pay for taxis and have less stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hampton Inn Convention Centre Aug/Sept 2007

very nice hotel, lovely rooms, heavenly beds sooo comfortable, free Continental Breakfast with a choice of 2 varying hots. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the Lobby and on one of the floors, quiet heated pool with lots of sun. Hardly any children
    downside no free shuttles to the parks

I would reccommend this hotel for Adults without children (not that children are not welcome but more geared to conventioners maybe) or anyone wanting a relaxing pleasant stay, best with a car but the iride and Lynx are fine imo

didn't use any shuttles just used I ride, Lynx and Taxis so cannot coomment on price of these

our room

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andr3wjillings2 View Post
    I forgot to add that we are going to have airport transfers this time and not have a car. We found last year that we hardly used the car and used the free Disney transportation. I know we may need a car to go shopping etc but the insurance alone cost 330 so I would rather use that money to pay for taxis and have less stress.
    You should book the car separately, it will be much cheaper. Just booked a car for 18 days for 275 incl all insurance and tax.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Thanks for that Tigger. I have now looked at hiring a car with alamo which will cost me 100 for 7 days and an extra 50 for a sat nav. I think I will hire it on my second week because I will mainly do the disney parks in the first week and will be using the free Disney transpotation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andr3wjillings2 View Post
    Thanks for that Tigger. I have now looked at hiring a car with alamo which will cost me 100 for 7 days and an extra 50 for a sat nav. I think I will hire it on my second week because I will mainly do the disney parks in the first week and will be using the free Disney transpotation.
    Before you book have a look at http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/ you may get it cheaper.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stayed at Quality Inn Plaza, it was recommended to us by the travel agent as it was our first time & there were 5 of us, me, hubby 17 yr old, 11 yr old & 5yr old so we were limited as a lot of places don't allow a 5th person in 1 room. It was basic but clean with a fridge, hairdryer, iron & ironing board in room but we fell in love with Disney so decided to stay on site this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2000 Disney All Star Movies - no car so great for Disney, clean but not roomy
    2002 Quality Inn Plaza - Clean and cheap in good location
    2005 Enclave suites - 6 of us and clean with plenty of room
    2008 - will be going back to the Enclave as like the option of Kitchen

Enjoyed all our stays but for space alone like to have a multi room suite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2007 Windsor palms condo- Fantastic apartment within a nice gated community.

2006 Best Western Lakeside Kissimmee- basic but clean/comfortable accommadation and a nice pool. Good location.

2005 Sheraton world resort International drive- nice clean basic/comfortable room and a good pool. A bit too far away form the main strip of I drive. Sirata beach resort in st pete's, nice hotel, a good pool and a fantastic beach location.

2004 Ramada in clearwater- nice hotel in a great location, the gulf views are to die for and we saw wild dolphins every evening. Double tree international drive, a very classy hotel with a huge swimming pool. Great location for universal. Sheraton yankee clipper, ft lauderdale basic clean hotel with a fantastic beach and great location.

2003 Four points sheraton- kissimmee, a motel style accommadation but clean and comfortable. Sheraton world resort international drive.

1988 Raddison resort orlando celebration- a fantastic hotel with great rooms and a great pool. Sheraton Yankee trader ft lauderdale- fantastic hotel across from an amazing beach and in a good location.
    I LOVE FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information