Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Hotels)

we have stayed in the florida mall 2005. very nice hotel only was their for 2 nights.

lake eve resort 2010 and 2012 on international drive this is a great hotel/ apartment. its was a 2 bed apartment with everything you needed it was like home from home it has a tv in every room 2 bathrooms full kitchen washing machine would recommed to anyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have stayed at Lake Buena Vista Resort (The one with the Pirate Ship) This was a three bedroom appartment and was fantastic accomodation however the down side is we were meant to be staying in ID and the hotel there had a problem so had been ungraded to LBV. We had no taken a car so had to rely on shuttles or taxis. This was in 2009 and not many eating places nearby so very limited. If you had a car this would be a fablous lace to stay.

In 2011 we stayin at Rosen inn opposite Point orland, this was a single rom we had by three boys and hubby, it was a big room and you were only sleeping there. It was easy access to all places and very central with loads of eating places to go we like Tommy Rockets which was a olde diner very very tasty burgers

Next year we are staying at World Swan and Dolphin Resort on Walt Disney so another different expierence, cant wait.
    LBV Resort 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're going to be spoiled by the experience, Seaweed. :o Fantastic location. We love staying in the Epcot resort area.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

karalma is offline Proud Recipient of Six--count 'em, six!!--Fast Passes During Year of a Million Dreams!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stayed at the Dolphin last NYE and have booked again for this year. I loved the location. We like staying in villas otherwise this would be where we would stay. Hope you enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We stayed at the Dolphin last year and fell in love with the hotel and the Boardwalk area.

Going back September 2014, can't wait to go back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have always stayed in L.B.V on palm parkway ..

2010 - clarion - our first time . It was clean an just a base , basic room - walked in 2 double beds , bathroom and a small area with fridge & coffee maker . Basic but ok . And a really short walk to the restaurants and bars. Free parking.

2011- Hawthorne suites . We stayed for 3 weeks . Fantastic stay . Wanted a suite so we had a kitchen ( not that I cooked much ) and lounge just if we ate in room could sit at table or on sofa - rather than balancing on your knee sat on bed !! Decent kitchen - huge f/freezer ( american style ) 2 ring hob. Toaster . Coffee maker plates . Pans etc . a restaurant we had breakfast included - nothing fancy but filled a hole !! Free parking.

2012- embassy suites . Our fave so far , same again wanted a suite , got a lounge area . Small kitchen , coffee maker . Small fridge - big enough for 2 of us !! Really clean , nice size bathroom & bedroom . Fantastic full breakfast included buffet style everything you could think of , managers reception 5-7pm drinks & snacks - a nice touch . It does have a bar and a pizza hut . a little expensive - but walkable to the bars & restaurants. We used bar when we had a huge down pour one night , Free parking .

We enjoyed our stay at embassy we have booked again for this yr , suits us we can walk to bars & restaurants without driving , a huge part of our holiday is a nice meal out an a few beers - not too many though , the hulk with a hangover would be the end of me !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2003-2013 International Palms - We have stayed here 8 times and love it. We only really need a hotel to sleep in and wash & change so we don't want anything grand. Perfect location on I-Drive right across the road from Ponderossa for breakfast and right by I-Ride trolley stop 9 and also the Lynx bus routes of 42 and 8. All the rooms have a fridge & a microwave and a maid service 6 times a week. It has a lovely pool area, fitness centre and it's own bar area. It is a very big hotel as they have a large conference area attached to the hotel. Accommodation is in the 2 parts, either round the pool area or a tower block next door and we actually love being in the tower block area. If it's available it would be our choice of hotel.

2014 Rosen Inn on I-Drive- Located next door to the International Palms we used this one as we couldn't get booked in to the Palms. It's smaller than the palms and the rooms are smaller as is the pool area. It has it's own bar and fitness center and the rooms have both a fridge & a microwave. Our room was on the 9th floor but was a little noisy from traffic noise due to poor insulation on the window. After we got over the initial quibbles and not being at the Palms we quite enjoyed being there and would certainly go again there if we couldn't get in to our choice of the Palms. We really don't spend a lot of time in our room at all and we don't eat on site so, like the Palms, it has everything we needed.

Stayed at Monumental Movieland at Christmas and New Year. Place is a dump and needs knocking down. Just received compensation from the tour operator because of no swimming pool. The management are terrible and obnoxious.

We bought our park tickets from ATD and never fail to let us down. The lady who I spoke to on the phone was a pleasure to chat with and she was spot on about the aquarium, Orlando Eye and the waxworks, they were great.

Will book with ATD again for 2017.

On my first trip to Florida, i stayed with the fiance and family in a villa in kissimmee which was good, but for the few extra days i stayed on my own i used the Motel 6 opposite the Old Town fairground bit and it was fine. For 25bucks a night just to sleep there as I was out at parks all day it was more than enough. I wouldn't recommend it for a family but it would be Ok for a couple that just need a bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are quite a few places like that, Chris; Orlando does budget hotel pretty well, in general terms. Sorry to hear about the Monumental Movieland, though, Sentinel. It has been an 'old faithful' on the I-Drive scene for many years but, sadly, some places don't maintain the basics very well and they do fall by the wayside occasionally.

Thread Information