Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Who has stayed where!! (Villa's & Condo/apartments)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Glenbrook Resort

Hi, going to Orlando in August 08 staying in a Villa at Glenbrook Resort, which I think is near Clermont, off Highway 27. There is a a huge Walmart nearby and a Publix within a short Drive but I don't know this area at all. Been to Florida twice before,once in 1981 (I was 10!) and 2005 with my husband,kids and parents and we stayed in Remington that time off the 192 but it was quite a drive from there to Disney parks (not helped by significant road works). Glenbrook looks closer to Disney, particularly Animal Kingdom but interested to know if anyone else knows the area?
    Last edited by Claire71; 02-05-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Grammar!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This area is actually quite a thriving little community with a lot to see and do here in the way of shops and restaurants. The Cagan Crossings junction is home to a really cute little development, including the second Sherlock's restaurant in Orlando, which is one of our real favourites. It shouldn't be more than 15 mins to Disney, although you may always pick up some traffic along the 192. There are no roadworks in this area currently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info Simon. Googled Cagan's Crossing and Sherlock's. The area looks great as does the restaurant particularly as my eldest daughter is a vegetarian. Pleased to be staying somewhere this time that is close to restaurants ,shops etc as after a long day out at the parks it can be too much effort to drive too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire71 View Post
    Thanks for the info Simon. Googled Cagan's Crossing and Sherlock's. The area looks great as does the restaurant particularly as my eldest daughter is a vegetarian. Pleased to be staying somewhere this time that is close to restaurants ,shops etc as after a long day out at the parks it can be too much effort to drive too far.
    If your daughter is a veggie, you should try Sweet Tomates at the top of I-Drive. Very good.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the tip, just had a look at the menu for Sweet Tomatoes - delicious and quite healthy too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we stayed in sunset ridge on h/way 27 it was absolutely fantastic,really did,nt want to come home .villa was beatiful had a great time with our grandchildren.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im going to stay at the lake buena vista resort village and spa in 2 wks would be grateful if anyone has stayed there as to what its really like reading good and bad reports, i will put what i think of it when i come back!!!!

Default WIndsor Hills

Just come back on Friday stayed there for 2 weeks was fab highly reccmend in a town house very close to Disney and near lots of eatries too. Vey nice resort and very good with secuirty too. Looked around Mystic Dunes which was next door that looked grat too.

Default Weston Hills

We just came back last Wednesday after 3 weeks staying at a villa in Weston Hills (gated community) on US-27. We were about 5 minutes off the 192 and it took us roughly 25 minutes to get to the Disney entrance probably due to the heavy traffic once further down the 192. Cagan Crossings was only a few minutes from where we stayed which was ideal for Walmart. There is also a Wendy's, Chilli's, KFC, Burger King and Taco Bell in this general area.

There certainly seems to be a lot of construction activity on highway 27 so it certainly seems to be a thriving area and we would have no hestitation going back there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Regal Palms at Highlands Reserve

hi, we are off to the Regal Palms at Highlands reserve at the start of nov 08, does anybody know what this place is like, we are getting a little worried about some reviews I have read, and also if anyone knows anything about the area, shops etc. (there are 5 adults, 1 child, 2 infants going, booked as a package through virgin - dont know if this makes a difference!) Also does anybody know roughly how far it is to old town kissimmee from the regal palms, as I would like to see a car cruise but would like a wee drink too so considering a taxi! All help and advise very much appreciated.

Thread Information