Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Villa sold!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unhappy Villa sold!!

:eek:
    Some of you may remember that we had an e-mail from the owner of the villa we had booked on Highlands Reserve for next April saying that he had lost his villa through his bank going bust. We managed to find another similar villa on Tuscan Ridge just down the road paid our deposit and thought that was it.
    However we have just received an e-mail from this owner saying he has now sold his villa on to someone else. He has given us their name and e-mail address and says that they will be in touch. He says there is no change apart from we will be paying someone else the rest of the balance (in February). He says the reason for the change is that they are moving to Spain which of course is perfectly reasonable but had I known this in October I am not sure that I would have continued with the booking.
    So that's two things......what next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure your booking will be fine. If the new owner has bought a villa as a rental property they will want to maximise their bookings. The key question perhaps is has the old owner passed on your deposit?
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes he has....well that's what he said in the e-mail.
    I think it will be okay it's just a tad unsettling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
    Yes he has....well that's what he said in the e-mail.
    I think it will be okay it's just a tad unsettling.
    I can quite understand that, at least it's good news on the deposit front.

We're quite lucky as the villa we stay in is owned by the FIL of a guy that works in my department.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How worrying for you Catlady.
    We have for a number of years rented a friends villa, but whilst holidaying in it in 2007, we came home to a sold sign swaying on the front lawn:eek:
    We did know it was up for sale before going out, but owing to a Floridian buying it, we have had to find a new villa for this August's holiday.

Hope everything works out ok, and you still have a great trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is an unsettling development, though it sounds like it will work out fine. Still, you do feel most comfortable with owners you know, don't you?

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi Catlady

The same thing happened to us the first time we went to Florida. Luckily everything turned out ok and the new owner was very accommodating and extremely helpful. Fingers crossed that all will be ok for you.

*** Kitten, we have just returned from a break in Orlando, and what happened to you was my worst nightmare, every day we were there. We stayed in a great gated community, Emerald Island, And every day without fail a house was repossed on the development - With home openings also going on every day - We would leave to go to the park - then about lunch time I would get a horrible feeling that the Sheriff may arrive and cease all our things......

But the trip passed by and a great time was had by all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad you had a great time neilos.
    It is a worrying thought as the americans complete their sales so much quicker than us.
    I know that the american and canadian housing market is in a worse state than ours at the moment

Hopefully for everyone, the economy will stabilise over the next few months and things will get back to a more secure footing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just to add that I have had an e-mail from the new owners, they apparently are changing management companies as they weren't happy with the old one. This seems to be a problem out there, why are so many of them not good? Is it cost? I have to say the management guy from the old villa was very good, always got back to you promptly and sorted things out well. Lets hope that the owners of this villa have found one as good. Apparently they are going out there in February so if there are teething problems they will be sorted before April.

Thread Information