Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: dinner shows question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default dinner shows question

hi we have just received the orlando magicard pack and in the brochure there is a section on excursions attractions dining etc. we have already booked sleuths dinner show but we have seen a couple of others that sound good but was wondering if anyone has visited these or knows of them. thee first one is capones dinner and show at www.alcapones.com the second is the outta control magic comedy dinner show at wonderworks, www.wonderworksonline.com and finally tony n tinas wedding at www.tonyandtinaorlando.com these are 3 we may be interested in has anyone been to these? any help much appreciated thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've done the Outta Control Magic Show. It's okay, but it's not really worth the money. It's pizza and popcorn watching a sort of comedy magic show - but the emphasis is not on the magic. They do involve the audience, but I was very disappointed. I had told them it was my birthday and was told they'd 'do something'. However, they did not.

And it might have been me, but I thought the pizza tasted funny, and the whole place was far too cold and I was shivering all the way through.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that doesnt sound too good i was looking at their website and it sounded good but might give that one a miss thanks for the info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's some good info on these shows in the Brits Guide and I sure that this has been discussed previously on the forum. Trying searching for the show names.
    91/92/95HI MGE;97NYC/Cali/Ariz/Chicago;98St.Petes Bch/Hyatt K'mee;00C'water Bch/Dixie Landings;02South'n Dunes;05Ft.Myers/Keys/Ft Lauderdale/BW LBV;06Indian Ridge;07Ind. Ridge;08Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;09Sarasota/Ind. Ridge;10Sanibel/Ind. Ridge;11Ind. Ridge;12Sanibel/West Haven;13West Haven;14Sanibel/West Haven;15Sanibel/West Haven;15West Haven;16Panhandle tour/Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel/Loma Vista;18Gulf Coast/St Ag/West Haven;19Sanibel/Venice Beach/West Haven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outta Control is a dinner show, but not really. It's a bit more like two best buddies doing a magic act, and while it's amusing, it's also a bit basic. Just two guys on a stage doing their thing, with none of the bells and whistles you might think of with a dinner show.

I'll defer to Simon and others regarding Capone's.

We haven't seen Tony & Tina's Wedding since it reopened, but the former version is the stuff of legends (and not in a good way!). Awful acting, a horrible 'story line', lousy food...just plain bad. Some friends saw it in its new location and thought it was ok, but it would take a heckofalot to convince me it's worth doing. It's in my Top Two Worst Dinner Shows. Number One on my short list has since closed (Fiascos).

Sleuths do some terrific shows though, if you're looking for something a bit different.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know of the main ones e.g sleuths arabian nights mediaval times etc but never heard of the ones i spoke about before i lent my brits guide to a friend so couldnt refer to it!we already booked sleuths just wondered about the others quite fancied alcapones dont remember that in the book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Capone's has never been in the book because the show wasn't of the quality we like to see and the food was lousy. We're a bit surprised it's still around, but we're also prepared to give it another look when we do the updates this year.

I'd be curious to hear from others who have seen it recently.

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont know how they all stay in business to be honest as it sounds like most of them are nadd with a few exceptions . we chose sleuths as it souns gr8 already booked with atd but was thinking of arabian nights and medieval times but due to my asthma it might not be a good idea with all the dust flying around dont really want an asthma attack would spoil the fun!i think i will stick with sleuths then only 75 days to go!!!!(too long)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A colleague at work went to the medieval one. She said they thoroughly enjoyed it - but they like horses. It's not really our thing.

I sort of like the sound of it, but don't like the sound of lots of noise and dust combined with food!
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You might still consider Arabian Nights, as they have a special room that's closed off from the main arena, with a huge window that allows you to see the show. Just something to think about.

I'm also not completely convinced there's a lot of dust flying around, as they use a special turf intended not to get stirred up (and therefore, wind up in everyone's dinner!), but you know what your tolerance level is and that's surely the best indicator of what's ok and what's not.

We've been to the shows dozens of times, sat in the front row dozens of times and never once had anything in our food. There are, of course, health and safety standards that have to be followed! ;)

Thread Information