Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Travelodge Maingate East, Kissimmee

Question Travelodge Maingate East, Kissimmee

We are staying here at the beginning of August 04 - can anyone tell me anything about it please?

OK - now we are back I'll reply to my own message in case anyone else will be staying there....it's a dump!

I suppose that's quite harsh, but it really is not that nice. It's functional, and was probably lovely in 1970....hasn't seen any improvements since then though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default travelodge maingate east

Although a dump. the staff are great and its in a good location.

I was there 1 week after hurricane charley hit.

Ive stayed there the last couple of times and found it ok, though it DOES need a refurbishment.

Hi Mr Orlando.

We were there as Charley hit (unfortunately). In fact, my husband has some great video footage of the hotel roof being blown off (this was the point that he decided to come in from the balcony!). Because of this we were forced to spend the night in darkness in the hotel corridor. My main concern is that the emergency lighting does not work - this should come on in any event (even a force 4 hurricane!). Due to the power outage and flooding which followed the elevators did not work for some days (not the fault of the hotel, I know) but the emergency stairs that we had to use were decidedly dodgy.

We were well aware that this was a cheapo hotel, but our theory was that we only wanted a bed for the night as we would be out and about for most of the holiday. However, there really isn't any excuse for mould growing on the bathroom wall and every piece of bedlinen having holes in it - and these things have nothing to do with the hurricane!

The location's fine, but can't comment about the staff. The only time we needed advice (re our hire car which had been smashed up by Charley and we needed to try and swap it) they were quite busy, so maybe I should excuse their curt rudeness.

The place does desperately need refurbishment, but this is only cosmetic. More importantly I would strongly advise avoiding it because of the safety issues. Hopefully you'll never need to find out if the emergency lighting has been attended to, but trust me when you realise it doesn't work it's bloody terrifying!

Anyway, I'm sorry to have a rant, but I think we'll have to agree to differ on this one! Life would be boring if we all liked the same things, wouldn't it?! ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hotel

the Travelodge MGE is being refurbished.

Ive kept in contact with staff at the hotel and they have told me due to the problems with water damage after the hurricanes 246 rooms are being refurbished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry again never stayed there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i always try and stay here

my friend works there and she gets me cheap hotel rooms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well thats okay then if you can get it on the cheap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well its good to have friends in great places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can say that again!

Thread Information