Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Topic: Passport digital photo's

Default Passport digital photo's

Does anybody know how long UK passports have all had digital photo's in them
    My passport was issued in May 2006 and so to comply with the Visa Waiver Program needs to be machine readable with digital photograph printed on the data page.
    Now it looks like the photo is printed on the page but not sure?
    Can anyone help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's at least 5 years; we all have photos which were scanned on our passports and ours are all dated December 2002.
    Nov 2003 for 14 days
    Feb 2005 for 10 days
    Aug 2006 for 10 days
    Apr 2008 for 10 days
    Feb 2011 for 14 days for the Big 5-0
    Feb 2012 for 10 days for Emma's 18th
    Feb 2013 for 10 days just because!
    Feb 2014 for 7 days on site girlie trip
    Mar 2015 for 14 days for Emma's 21st

From 2002, the system is totally changed and improved day by day as technology advance day by day. Every data in the passport has digitally recorded. Now they are using bio metric system which is best for tracking and security.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the key issue here, is will your passport be admissible for entry. Importantly it's not just the photo that is now the issue, it's both being 'machine readable and now this year being biometric'

From Uk Govt
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...quirements.pdf

I also understand that from the 1st of April this year you are required for your passport to be biometric? This means it has a symbol to denote this on the front cover. It's a diagram of a camera.
    Here is direct link with details for this on US Gov site

https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program-requirements

I would question , given the age of passports it has the symbol. If you don't they probably won't let you board the plane.

So if no codes/details below the photos and no camera symbol on front cover you need new ones.
    Hope that helps
    Last edited by Ret400; 14-11-2016 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks like this is an old post, and the passport issue shouldn't be relevant any more, as the e-passports (with biometric data) have been issued since 2006, and no passport should be more than 10 years old. The US (and other governments) timed their stipulation for e-passports to ensure that this would give the system time to weed out any old passports. If anyone is looking to travel on a passport issued in 2005 or older, they wouldn't be able to as it has already expired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oops trust me to miss that. Guess our new member is hoping for a slice of spam? It's funny you spotted this as I came back because I suddenly thought today, how did they get a 15 year plus passport?

Thread Information