Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best day to go to Aquatica please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Best day to go to Aquatica please?

Hi

Starting my planner as we onyl have 9 weeks left to go and wanted advice on which is the best day to visit Aquatica please?

Kat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

probably bit to soon to know the patterns of busy days (sure susan and simon will know tho!) but i would certainly avoid the weekends as they are busy for all water parks as the locals pour into them too - hope this helps

Default aquatica

the "theory2 seems to be go early in the week and avoid weekends. We tuorists tend to hit the parks for 2 or 3 days then hit meltdown and a "quiet2 day at the waterparks seem a good idea. I think wednesday is the day to avoid. I only arrived backtoday from florida and aquatica is amazing but doesnt seem to be big enough. tight bottleneck into the carparks, trafic was at a standstill for over an hour, we were close to turning around and leaving but couldnt go anywhere but forward lol. ot enough loungers or shade.. all teething problems im sure but the rides and pools are amazing. well worth a visit if you go early. we had two young ones with us so couldnt go till they woke but 10 am still seemed too late..

Quote Originally Posted by halla86 View Post
    the "theory2 seems to be go early in the week and avoid weekends. We tuorists tend to hit the parks for 2 or 3 days then hit meltdown and a "quiet2 day at the waterparks seem a good idea. I think wednesday is the day to avoid. I only arrived backtoday from florida and aquatica is amazing but doesnt seem to be big enough. tight bottleneck into the carparks, trafic was at a standstill for over an hour, we were close to turning around and leaving but couldnt go anywhere but forward lol. ot enough loungers or shade.. all teething problems im sure but the rides and pools are amazing. well worth a visit if you go early. we had two young ones with us so couldnt go till they woke but 10 am still seemed too late..
    just back from florida and went to aquatica three times, each time we loved it. We have two children 6 & 9 who are early risers, we got to the park 8:30am and were generally in the first row of the car park.

For any parents with children between 3-12 the walkabout waters play area is fantastic, it will keep your kids occupied for hours.

Tip - some of the park is open before 9am, however life guards prevent access to the walkabout water area until 9am when the whole park open up. When they left you go we headed straight for walkabout waters and found a shaded canopy between walkabout waters and the entrance to roa rapids. It was an ideal spot, when the kids wanted a break from playing we would grab the life vests and hit the rapids, which are great. Ideal spot good access, with shade but you need to be there early.

Mickey D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great info Mikey D, particularly on how to procure a shady spot

Hi have been browsing another site today and have found out abit of info on aquatica. Apparently for the summer months, if you have either a pre purchased ticket or a voucher, it will be possible to enter Aquatica at 8am!! It will also be open till 10pm!!

Roll on 24th July!:

On the 19th of July, a Saturday, we left our villa at 8.20am to head to Aquatica. After a 20 minute drive on the I-4 we then waited in a huge traffic jam leading down to the park for an hour and 20 mins (sorry, don't know the name of the road). When we got near to the entrance, the staff were placing traffic cones out and informing us to come back at 3 o'clockish as the park was full!!! What time must you have to go to this park??? I realise that it was a weekend day, but that was ridiculous.....

Still, it was a holiday of a lifetime though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weefrank View Post
    What time must you have to go to this park??? I realise that it was a weekend day.

It is not unreasonable to be at the gates by 8am or so. :eek:

Midlife: when the Universe grabs your shoulders and tells you Im not messing around, use the gifts you were given.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We went twice last week (both mid-week) On both days they closed the park before 10 (9.30 on the one). We were there at about 8.15 on both days, on the first they opened the park but the slides didn't open until 9, on the second the slides were open (and with big q s) , I don't know what the criteria is for slides opening time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There seems to be quite a few operating issues with Aquatica this summer, as it doesn't take long for the park to fill up, even on weekdays. They have experimented, it seems, with an 8am opening, but without letting anyone know in advance, so that sometimes it is full even by 9.30am :eek:

We can only advise people to be there by 8.30am, but even then weefrank's experience suggests you may still not get in. Many of the problems seem to stem from the fact here are only 2 toll booths for the car park, which really slows things down on entry and leads to long back-ups on I-Drive. If they could speed that up, it might get the traffic more consistent. But, unfortunately, there seems to be no sign of that changing any time soon

Thread Information